Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Buried Electrical Wiring in Yard

On 5/11/2013 11:26 AM, Norminn wrote:

I don't believe they enforce ANY local code around here....no setbacks,
no junk limit, no problem with abandoned buildings ready to fall
down....but it isn't too close to home.

For in a yard I'd not worry about it much altho unless it were a really
long pull I'd probably try to route it along an edge so isn't adding to
the clutter where may be sprinkler system, the sewer lines, etc., etc.,
that would be in way of in servicing them down the road.

In that case and if there is no inspection, I'd just do basically like
the cable guy and put it deep enough to not be going to get it w/ the
casual digging of an annual bulb planting and the like but not worry
about real depth as there's little reason to be digging in turf areas.

And, of course, as another respondent noted; make drawings of where
stuff is. Running it in conduit is certainly a way to add some comfort,
obviously.