Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default cinder block raised garden box and earthquake question

On Fri, 10 May 2013 20:56:39 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

I am in the planning phase of replacing my back lawn with
cinder block garden boxes and pavers and/or rocks.

http://voices.yahoo.com/cinder-block...76.html?cat=30

Problem: we have *a lot*, about 30 a day you can't feel,
earthquakes around these parts (North Western Nevada).
I would hate to fill one of these things with dirt and
have a larger shaker come through and dump all my dirt
on my rocks/pavers.

How to I earthquake proof a cinder block raised garden
box?

Many thanks,
-T

Well, if a 'quake" causes loss of dirt in a raised bed, I would think
you would have bigger problems to deal with. Broken things in the
house, cracked drywall, stucco, siding, etc.

Worry about the planter damage when, if, it ever happens.

YMMV.