Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default lawn mower

On May 11, 7:35*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
*Ashton Crusher wrote:

On Fri, 10 May 2013 16:10:25 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

My lawn mower works for awhile, starts to sputter but still works and
then no longer works. I have brand new gas, there is a lot of stabil in
it, and the tank looks clean. I have replaced the spark plug. Any
suggestions?

I had a mower that did that. *Turned out to be a fair amount of water
in the bottom of the carburetor bowl. *Some mowers have carbs with
bowls and some don't. *Mine was a Sears brand, don't recall the brand
of the engine it used. *It must have had some water in the gas tank
too as it did the same thing the next time I used it. *Solution was
the same, drain the bowl. * Was ok after that.

I just did that and it didn't seem like there was a lot of water in the
gas. *I'll try to run it today to see if that works before taking it in..
Thanks for the assist.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Any water is too much water!!!!