Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default The government ruined the gas can...

Not jes gas cans, but sippy cups, too!

No lie. I bought a couple sippy cups --those kiddy cups with the row
of small holes in a flat hard spout sticking out of the top, so as to
reduce spills for toddlere-- for my Alzheimer mother. Not only do
they NOT have a vent, thereby restricting flow when a vacuum
inevitably builds up, but they come with an on-demand valve that stops
ANY flow unless the drinker actively creates a noticable suction on
the nipple. IOW, the only way my mom can get a drink from this sippy
cup from Hell is to suck on it till her eyeballs are touching the back
of her skull. Fortunately, the valve is removable and I'm gonna drill
an itty-bitty vent hole to eliminate any vacuum build-up.

Chrystonacrutch! ....you'd think a toddler was gonna kill 'imself or
try and rule the world, the way they've got this simple cup locked
down.

nb