Posted to alt.home.repair
Hench Hench is offline

Default Pool Pump plumbing and Electrial question:

On 5/11/2013 7:43 AM, Danny D wrote:
On Sat, 11 May 2013 03:23:49 -0700, sms wrote:

Unfortunately, filtering at night doesn't work. You need the chlorine
circulating through the system when the sun is out

I'm no expert ... but I don't understand how pool chlorine needs
sunlight in order to work?

Anyway, as some of you know, in doing a minor plumbing re-work on
my pad, and, in doing so, I've been researching this very same topic,
so some of the California papers I've found may be useful to the OP.

Thank you for posting these links. Looks like some good reading. I
appreciate it.

I'm in Canada where the weather can still get a bit chilly at night some
weeks so it's been a balancing act to save electricity and preserve
heated water.