Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG[_2_] CRNG[_2_] is offline

Default Pool Pump plumbing and Electrial question:

On Sat, 11 May 2013 06:34:18 -0400, Hench wrote in
Re Pool Pump plumbing and Electrial
question::

When I'm talking about heat loss, I'm talking abut evaporation from the
surface of the pool, not from the pipes. Most pools lose their heat
from evaporation at the surface. Where I live the summer air at
nighttime can be cooler than the water so the rate of evaporation can be
high.

By running the pool filter at night during cheaper electrical rates, i
was discovering my water bill was going uo proportionality because i had
high water loss.

You should have a cover on the pool while your run the nightly
cleaning. That will significantly cut both heat and water loss.