Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
philo  philo  is offline

Default make them honor their warranties...

On 05/10/2013 01:29 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
The five-year-old toner cartridge in my HP 4M started streaking. It was
not low on toner (the Low Toner indicator didn't come on, anyway), and
shaking the cartridge didn't fix the problem.

snip
A few years back I purchased a Samsung laser printer for $100.

The cartridge lasted about a year and when I went to purchase a
replacement , Samsung wanted $100!

I purchased a refilled unit for $30 and I am now on my 2nd year with it!
A few weeks back, it started to streak just a bit. I removed it and
re-inserted it and all is fine.