Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default Bit O.T. Speeding ... ?

"geoff" wrote in message
In message m,
"dennis@home" writes
On 10/05/2013 02:35, Clive George wrote:
On 10/05/2013 01:40, Arfa Daily wrote:
Of course, you can't see them getting you
on your side, because they are rear facing.

Is that actually true? Wouldn't it show in mirrors?

It depends on whether they want you to see them.

Safety cameras are big yellow things you can see a mile away.
Police speed cameras are tiny things they can hide in things like traffic
lights if they want to.

Dense - I think you're the only one who doesn't know the cameras we are
talking about

You can't hide speed cameras in traffic lights, for them to be
enforceable, there has to be a grid of markers on the road

Actually, Geoff, I don't think that's true anymore. I read somewhere that
the grid is "hardwired" on the camera. No more need for white markers.
That's what I read but I dunno.