Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default lawn mower

On Fri, 10 May 2013 16:10:25 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

My lawn mower works for awhile, starts to sputter but still works and
then no longer works. I have brand new gas, there is a lot of stabil in
it, and the tank looks clean. I have replaced the spark plug. Any
suggestions?

I had a mower that did that. Turned out to be a fair amount of water
in the bottom of the carburetor bowl. Some mowers have carbs with
bowls and some don't. Mine was a Sears brand, don't recall the brand
of the engine it used. It must have had some water in the gas tank
too as it did the same thing the next time I used it. Solution was
the same, drain the bowl. Was ok after that.