Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Bit O.T. Speeding ... ?

In message , Arfa Daily
writes

"ARW" wrote in message
tony sayer wrote:
In article , Pete
scribeth thus
Arfa Daily formulated on Thursday :
Does anyone know for sure whether getting flashed three times on
the same stretch of motorway within minutes, constitutes three
offences for 180 quid fine and 9 points ?

Daughter reckons that she might have got had more than once this
morning in her company car on a section of the M1 at the south end,
where the back-facing gantry cameras have not been on for a couple
of years. She reckons that she was not much over the top - for a
change - but probably enough to have tripped them. I've not been
able to find much info on multiple instances on the same stretch.
Lots of barrack room lawyers huffing and puffing and giving
opinions based on nothing, but no definitive answer.

Anyone on here suffered this and knows for sure, or who has a link
to somewhere on t' interweb that details exactly what the situation
is ?

Arfa

I have to ask, in a light-hearted way of course, is your daughter
blonde by any chance?

To notice the first flash would make me think '****, the fekkin'
cameras are working and I've just been caught - suppose I'd better
slow down for the next camera'.

To go on and be flashed a further TWO times is just beyond belief
8-o

Well that does beg a question of where are three speed cameras on the
same stretch of motorway surely they aren't that close together?.

Sure they were speed cams and not something else?..

Even when I had a speed camera detector I never came across 3 gantry
cameras within a couple of miles of each other. Of couse if you can
repeat the journey in the other direction and you can remember where
you were flashed than you can actually have a look up at the gantry
to see if there is a camera on there.

-- Adam

They're pretty close together on the variable speed sections of the
M25, as I recall ... ?

SPECS cameras work in pairs on one lane IIRC - they shouldn't detect you
if you move from one lane to another BICBW !

Of course, that doesn't mean to say that they don't interleave pairs of
cameras

Those on the northern section of the M25 ATM seem to be pretty tolerant

--
geoff