Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default Hewlett Packard cashback (OT in uk.d-i-y)

On Fri, 10 May 2013 14:08:30 +0100 Roger Mills wrote :
HP currently have cashback offers on some of their laptops - typically
you get £100 back on a £350 laptop, reducing the effective price to £250.

Have any of you done this, and is it pukka?

Reading the small print, there appear to be so many conditions which
have to be fulfilled in order to claim the cashback that I wonder how
many people actually succeed in getting their cash before they lose the
will the live.

Did it with my laptop and got $99 back from Acer. I had to send in a form
and copy receipt saying to whom the rebate cheque should be made out to.

My take on how these schemes are meant to work is that (say) you buy said
laptop for your business, then pocket the rebate yourself. Accounts
department and boss probably don't know about it. Much as Acer offering you
$99 in used notes if you buy their product rather than someone else's. Much
the same with Viking Stationery's free gifts that probably get taken home
by the secretaries.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com