Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default The government ruined the gas can...

Per HeyBub:
"Soap doesn’t work. Toilets don’t flush. Clothes washers don’t clean. Light
bulbs don’t illuminate. Refrigerators break too soon. Paint discolors.
Lawnmowers have to be hacked. It’s all caused by idiotic government
regulations that are wrecking our lives one consumer product at a time, all
in ways we hardly notice...

Personally, I think Rand Paul represents the lunatic fringe... but when
I heard him going on about the toilet valves he gained a little
credibility.

If somebody is getting their water from the Ogalalla (or however you
spell it...) aquifer, that's one thing. Every drop that comes out of
the spigot is *gone*.

But in our area, water comes from rivers. Big, dirty rivers. The
more water I "waste" the more I dilute the sewage stream and the easier
it is to process that stuff before it goes back into the same river.
Wasted energy... maybe. Wasted water, no way.
--
Pete Cresswell