Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Where to look for crud in this 80's Hotpoint dishwasher?

On May 9, 10:26*pm, Doc wrote:
Photo of the underside of an upside down 80's vintage dishwasher, pump
removed. Everything seems to be running fine but it's been leaving
crud and deposits on the dishes. Apparently a common culprit is debris
caught somewhere but it's not obvious to me where to look on this
model. There's a finned filter on the inside of the machine at the
center of the bottom (the hole on the left of the photo is on the
outgoing side of that filter) but it would only trap fairly large
objects. There's a plate at the back of the intake side of this pump,
visible in the photo. I didn't find much there.

Where else could debris be lurking?

Thanks for all input.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6iR...vRVU/edit?usp=....

Have you defeated the safety door interlock and looked at the machine
while it was running to see if water is actually coming out full force
from the spray arm(s)? If the water isn't coming out full force that
is a pump/plumbing situation. On the other hand, if the spray is
coming out full force, then you may have a timer problem, or a drain
issue where one cycle does not completely drain before refilling for
the next cycle, etc.