Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Mohawk Ironworkers

On Fri, 10 May 2013 04:30:19 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

I'd like to point out that the Mohawk Skywalkers were a very small part of
the force that built the skyscrapers.

The Mohawks were part, sure. "...The original Iroquois League was
often known as the Five Nations, as it was composed of the Mohawk,
Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, and Seneca nations. After the Tuscarora
nation joined the League in 1722, the Iroquois became known as the Six
Nations."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroquois

These workers came from much of Northern New York - Adirondack Mts.

As there were hundreds more immigrants and walks of all life working on
them at the same time.

The Mohawk iron workers were renowned for their incredible ability to
keep their balance walking the steel beams so high in the air above the
cities during construction of the skyscrapers. I don't remember reading
a scientific study of their ability but I suppose it's a good search
item. I'd like to know. ^_^

TDD

They were said to have no natural fear of heights.