Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Where to look for crud in this 80's Hotpoint dishwasher?

On Fri, 10 May 2013 01:22:38 -0700 (PDT), Doc
wrote:

On May 10, 2:59*am, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Thu, 9 May 2013 20:26:58 -0700 (PDT), Doc
wrote:

Photo of the underside of an upside down 80's vintage dishwasher, pump
removed. Everything seems to be running fine but it's been leaving
crud and deposits on the dishes.

What kind of crud and debris?

Similar to what's seen in this video starting at about :22. Leaves
particles, dried soap film. The configuration of my washer is very
different though.

http://youtu.be/FC8Vo_NyXls

That's similar to what my GE did. They show a Kenmore name on that
one in the Video but it's very possible it was made by GE. I know my
Current Kenmore is made by either Frigidare or Whirlpool and has
worked perfectly for over 10 years. I'll never buy another GE - I
bought it because it was highest rated by Consumers Union. I don't
pay much attention to their ratings anymore either.