Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Is there a 'magic' solution for dissolving labels on glassware?

On Fri, 10 May 2013 10:33:03 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
wrote:

In article ,
Danny D wrote:

Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
glass bottles for kitchen reuse?

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg

My current technique:
a. Soak for a day or two in water
b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
c. Repeat until the label is gone

I've heard of using peanut butter. I use Goof-Off.

I've not had any problem removing labels from glass, I use a safety
razor to scrape off lables same as the stickers from windshields....
it's plastics and other soft items that makes removing labels more
difficult... I especially find those stickers on produce difficult.