Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance
GB GB is offline

Default Hewlett Packard cashback (OT in uk.d-i-y)

On 10/05/2013 14:29, R D S wrote:
On Fri, 10 May 2013 14:08:30 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

Reading the small print, there appear to be so many conditions which
have to be fulfilled in order to claim the cashback that I wonder how
many people actually succeed in getting their cash before they lose the
will the live.

Did it with a printer once.

Fulfilled all the conditions including scanning the invoice and uploading
it on their website.
No cashback forthcoming.

Several emails later with them claiming I never provided an invoice I
scanned and emailled the invoice on a promise it would be sorted.

Repeated the above several times and eventually got the cashback.

The printer was ****e (OfficeJet 600 IIRC), I told them i'd never buy
from them again and never have.

I reckon most people would have given up but I never if I reckon that's
what they are counting on.

Bet they were using a not-very-good 3rd party company to administrate
the cash-back claims. And I really don't think that a large corporation
is relying on your giving up your cashback claim, you know.

I've done this without problems, BTW.