Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Mohawk Ironworkers

On 5/10/2013 1:38 AM, richard wrote:
On Thu, 09 May 2013 10:43:04 -0400, willshak wrote:

Xposted alt.building.construction - alt.home.repair.
OT for a.h.r.

I read a number of news sites on the web, one of which is aljazeera
America. It's mostly American News.
I found this story about the Native American ( US and Canadian ) Mohawk
ironworkers, nicknamed Skywalkers.
It's about them building NYC skyscrapers and their home life.
It's 47.31 minutes long.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/...413242888.html
or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/cy3yf6p

I'd like to point out that the Mohawk Skywalkers were a very small part of
the force that built the skyscrapers.
As there were hundreds more immigrants and walks of all life working on
them at the same time.

Ya think???
The story was about the Mohawk skywalkers. It was not about the Irish,
or Italians, or ironworkers of other descents.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY