Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Doc Doc is offline

Default Where to look for crud in this 80's Hotpoint dishwasher?

Photo of the underside of an upside down 80's vintage dishwasher, pump
removed. Everything seems to be running fine but it's been leaving
crud and deposits on the dishes. Apparently a common culprit is debris
caught somewhere but it's not obvious to me where to look on this
model. There's a finned filter on the inside of the machine at the
center of the bottom (the hole on the left of the photo is on the
outgoing side of that filter) but it would only trap fairly large
objects. There's a plate at the back of the intake side of this pump,
visible in the photo. I didn't find much there.

Where else could debris be lurking?

Thanks for all input.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6iR...it?usp=sharing