Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT - Daily Mail Eco ******** - "Big brother to switch off yourfridge"

On 09/05/2013 11:59, whisky-dave wrote:

One could knock 50% off peak demand if wanted.

But peak demand is during the day, from indusrty that's why they
brought in economy 7, to use the 'night electricity' I doubt you
could really just cut off industry by 50% without causing some
serious issues. Looking at the daily demand we find that over the
weekends we use less generlally speaking.

During the winter, peak demand is early evening - typically about 5pm
and stays there through til around 10pm. Economy 7 kicks in a midnight
when the demand has fallen away to its night time level.

If you look at yearly demand there's not that much difernce between
the seasons the most noticable drop is during the christmas break.

Jan through to march seem like the heaviest months.

--
Cheers,

John.