Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Pocket Hole Screws

On 5/9/13 12:43 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 9 May 2013 06:00:39 -0700 (PDT), "Gramp's shop"
wrote:

On Thursday, May 9, 2013 12:14:19 AM UTC-5, CW wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

-MIKE- wrote:

On 5/7/13 2:29 PM, RonB wrote:

I got another email from the guy at Kreg over the weekend.
He

maintains they haven't had much trouble with the new screws -
BUT

they are going back to their traditional square-drive
screws.

RonB

Wow, now that's some clever marketing-speak.

"We've had so little trouble with the new design that we're
going back to

the old design."

Yeah! LOL we'll do what ever it takes ! To **** y'all off.

================================================== ===============================

I'll bet that the new ones are cheaper. They changed to increase profit.

They seem to have found out that you get what you pay for.

Reminds me of the Coca Cola snafu ... new Coke (yuk) vs Coke
Classic. "New and improved" usually means that someone forgot the
old mantra: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

OTOH, if you don't make it better, someone else will.

Coke had the right idea but its implementation was horrible. They
do the same thing now, constantly. How many "brands" of Coke do you
think there are?

Word is their sales on regular old Coke skyrocketed due to all the
publicity over the failed ad campaign. So maybe it wasn't such a failure
after all. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)