Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default compressor from garage sale

On 5/9/13 12:11 AM, CW wrote:

"-MIKE-" wrote in message ...

On 5/6/13 2:37 PM, Leon wrote:

Pressure cookers are designed to release pressure, that hissing you
hear, at 15 lbs.

Assuming the thing wasn't plugged in, it's probably just a decent vessel
for a bomb and not a functional part of the explosion mechanism.

Of course, one could easily find out exactly what, why, and how it works
and how to make your own with a simple google search. But I don't care
to start a homeland security file on myself, so I'll pass. :-)
The pressure cooker is a needed part of the bomb. The pressure relief
valve is not an issue. The pressure build up is too fast for it to vent
it fast enough to make any difference. You could put the same components
in a paper bag instead of the pressure cooker and all you would get is a
fire.

The only point that is pertinent in this discussion is that there is no
blast powder in a compressor air tank. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--