Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default Ideas for improving this second-generation home compostingmethod

On Thu, 09 May 2013 11:18:39 +0000, Danny D wrote:

Googling, all I can find is that it's a "pest magnet", which is no big
deal since I live in the mountains anyway and since it's fenced in.

Actually, there are three supposed problems with composting cooked meat:
1. It reputedly attracts pests
2. It purportedly stinks
3. It supposedly changes the chemical balance

Reading on, I find all compost attracts pests and mine certainly doesn't
stink, and ground up bones and blood is often used in commercial
fertilizer, so, all three reputed reasons can be argued either way.

For me, I'll continue to compost everything from the kitchen, until,
and unless a real problem actually arises from doing so ...