Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Must be a better way to protect chair legs on tile floors

On Wed, 8 May 2013 03:36:13 +0000 (UTC), Danny D
wrote:

Three times in the past three years I've bought a complete set
of rubber foot protectors for the wooden chairs that are slid
day in and day out on the tile floors.

Plainly, you have the wrong size. This one is too small. They may
not make the right size.

By nylon glides that nail into the bottom of the legs, with a metal
nail and a nylon disk almost as big as the leg's bottom. .
A) That will work.
B) Rubber is t he wrong material when you say you are sliding them on
TILE floors.

I first bought the dark brown rubber chair leg protectors
from Home Depot; then the black protectors at Lowes; and
finally the cream colored rubber chair leg protectors at
ACE Hardware.

They all crack and simply fall apart.

Do they make a rubber chair leg protector that won't
fall apart in a year? Where can I get them?