Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Must be a better way to protect chair legs on tile floors

On May 8, 4:00*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Wed, 8 May 2013 03:36:13 +0000 (UTC), Danny D
wrote:

Three times in the past three years I've bought a complete set
of rubber foot protectors for the wooden chairs that are slid
day in and day out on the tile floors.

Note to self; *Don't ever use a grouted tile floor where furniture
will be slid around.

If I had one, my first stop would be the biggest, fanciest, tile store
in the area to see what they recommend.

I like those teflon gliders that get tacked into the legs---- but I
think about twice over that grout line and they'd break right off.

God-awful-ugly, IMO, but I'd be tempted to put a smooth gliding
surface over the tile.

Jim

++!