Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Building 20' sliding pool poles out of EMT conduit (is it possible?)

On May 8, 12:10*am, Danny D wrote:
On Tue, 07 May 2013 11:12:32 -0700, Oren wrote:
Or it was how the plastic was molded. Strings are not mentioned in the
instructions.

It's night now, but I can snap a photo of the floaters in the morning.
Clearly the holes are put there for strings. No doubt about it.
Plus, the strings serve a useful purpose by keeping the floaters where
you want them to stay, especially when it's windy.

Googling, I tried to find mention of the string tying feature, but
it seems to be either so obvious they don't mention it - or - so
unusual.

I've bought floating thermometers that came with string.
I would agree, that's what the holes are for. A lot of people
want the thermometer to be in one convenient place. On the
house side, for example, so that you can walk out, read the
temp, without having to figure out where it is, walk all the
way around to the other side, etc.