Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Pocket Hole Screws

On May 7, 7:54*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 5/7/2013 2:29 PM, RonB wrote:

On Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:35:16 PM UTC-5, RonB wrote:

RonB

I got another email from the guy at Kreg over the weekend. *He maintains they haven't had much trouble with the new screws - BUT they are going back to their traditional square-drive screws.

RonB

I wonder if that means back to the non plated or back to strictly square
drive, or both. *The plated screws used a combo Philips/Square drive head.

I got a little grief here a ways back for saying that I needed to put
modest pressure behind the bit in order to get it to stay in the hole.
I was (and am) using the plated dual-drive screws. I have a feeling
that the "dual-ness" may be part of the problem.