Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Statins (OT)

"RayL12" wrote in message
On 04/05/2013 1:06 PM, polygonum wrote:
On 04/05/2013 12:58, RayL12 wrote:
On 03/05/2013 9:41 PM, Tim Lamb wrote:
There was a lot of interest last time this was aired but I was left
with
a few unanswered questions...

How significant is the fat in processed Pork slices as I find it a very
convenient source of sandwich filling?

How linear is the response to dose levels? A recent test found 4.2
total
(2.4 LDL) for a dose of 20mg. Pre-statins, I had levels of 6.8 and 7.2
total. I would like to drop the dose to 10mg.

I asked how long it takes for the body to return to normal after
stopping medication and was told 2 weeks. I was also told to resume
treatment to double check any noted changes.

You can spend 6 - 7 years of your life learning nutrition and it will
all boil down to a simple formula; eat fresh veg' and fruit.

Processed 'anything' is junk.

Too much fruit can be a problem - all that fructose (and, indeed,
sucrose in some fruit).

Lots of vegetables can be problematical for some people - e.g those
which have goitrogenic effects.

I have no doubt that that is true. Though, I struggle to accept it as a
condition considering that humankind evolved from eating just those
things.

Just because we evolved that way because it was easy to get
doesn't mean that there arent any downsides with that diet.