Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Steam powered woodworking

wrote:
On Mon, 06 May 2013 17:29:36 -0400, Bill
Yep, while I was watching the video I kept asking myself whether that
would be someplace I would want to go to work every day. And the answer
is, I don't think so.

Without the knowledge of today's society and a family to support?
Sure, I would.

Well, that's a different question. I can imagine a company like that
offering some of the best paying jobs in town.
Just like Henry Ford's automotive assembly line (started in 1913) . Men
jumped at the opportunity to earn $5 a day.
Some of their wives observed that it took an awful toll on them (feeling
that perhaps the sacrifice wasn't worth the money).

It sure as hell would beat having to work in a mine
everyday with a zillion tons of rock above your head and conditions
that would drive many mad.