Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default How much dust should I expect from operating a track cuttingtorch

"David R. Birch" wrote:

On 5/5/2013 10:07 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
Remember most of our steel is from scrap. As you cut the A36 you might
find a pressed in bearing race or ball bearing. Scrap is scrap.
The scrap mills don't fire to the temp of high alloy but that of the
lessor steel to save money. I cut A36 and see it all the time.

Martin

At a shop where I used to work, a Mazak machining center was milling a
4'x4'x6" plate when the tool died rather spectacularly. Upon inspection
of the plate, it was found to have a Nicholson file imbedded in it.

David

I keep hearing stories like this, but no pictures are ever posted