Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jules Richardson[_2_] Jules Richardson[_2_] is offline

Default laptop display fault

On Mon, 06 May 2013 22:42:57 +0100, Adrian C wrote:

On 06/05/2013 18:52, Jules Richardson wrote:

I can also sit on it for a while and see if a broken (in some other
way) laptop becomes available locally; my guess is that the same panel
is used in a few models from a few different vendors rather than being
specific to this Dell. It's not like I need to have it up and running
anytime soon.

A couple of links here might help you in that goal.

http://lcdtech.no-ip.info/en/data/lc...in.laptops.htm

http://vitalcomputerrepair.com/lapto...ibility-guide/

Interesting - that first link lists the Inspiron 9300 as having a
Samsung LTN170WU-L01 or LTN170WU-L02, but the screen in this one I have
is a Philips LP171WU1.

The second link doesn't mention WUXGA at all, unless that's what they're
calling WXGA++?

cheers

Jules