Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default Building 20' sliding pool poles out of EMT conduit (is itpossible?)

On Mon, 06 May 2013 06:53:59 -0400, RBM wrote:

none of the electrical fittings are designed to be loosened and
re-tightened repeatedly. The fittings are also not made with the ability
to telescope.

I was afraid of that.

The good news is that I don't really need to telescope.
The pool is 9 feet deep, so, I just need, oh, I don't know,
9 feet plus 5 feet = 14 feet (or so) of pole.

So, it's not a requirement that it manually be adjusted
to size more than just once.

But, they 'do' have to fit together, so, that's why a
3/4" to 1/2" fitting would be perfect, if I could find one.