Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Statins (OT)

Most tomatoes taste disgusting to me, so I don't eat them. It's my
body's way of telling me they're not for me. Simple really. Eat what you
fancy and to hell with the theories

Small problem with that is some of the absolutely lethal Amanita species
actually taste fantastic but are utterly deadly even in small doses.
This results in more fatalities than if they tasted unpleasant.

They also have the very nasty habit of allowing you to more or less
recover before causing total organ failure of liver and kidneys.

I have eaten some of the safe Amanita fungi with some trepidation and
they do taste really good. I still prefer morels. YMMV

Apart from wild fruit I don't eat anything I can't buy from a supermarket