Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Milling Machine 30 taper conversion?

My home shop CNC mill is a Bridgeport with an Anilam Crusader II controller.
Last time I switched it on, the controller didn't power up. I've been
wanting to do the LinuxCNC upgrade on it anyway and this looks like a good
time to do it. LinuxCNC will give me greater capabilities with the machine
than the original control was capable of.

.... So I'm considering automatic tool changing but I would need to convert
my Erickson QC30 spindle to a pull-stud drawbar. Looking at the tapers, the
CAT 30 or BT 30 should fit but be shorter than the QC 30, leaving me room to
make a pull stud drawbar. Something like:
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...ible-mac_p.jpg

At first I plan to just set the tooling up on the table, something like
this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYj_HVDn08Y

Anyone here know of anything like an Erickson QC 30 to pull stud drawbar
conversion? Or a drawing of the inside of the Erickson spindle?

RogerN