Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PT pine shrinkage versus smooth sided cedar?

On Sun, 05 May 2013 22:48:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 05 May 2013 19:17:02 -0400, wrote:

I'm considering composite to replace the boards on my deck (they'll
probably go another five years but look ugly). I'm told you can't
pressure wash them and there are issues with sagging. You're happy
with yours? I've never been a fan of PT decking.

I considered it but went with Tiger Wood instead. In fact, I put a
coat of oil on it today to keep it looking good.
http://www.advantagelumber.com/tigerwood_decking.htm

Not cheap, but will outlast me even if I live to be 100.

Interesting. It's not all that outrageous, as long as it lasts. How
do you fasten it? It might be worthwhile doing the Kreg thing. Is
there any other maintenance needed?