Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PT pine shrinkage versus smooth sided cedar?

On Sun, 5 May 2013 16:04:55 -0500, "AngryOldWhiteGuy"
wrote:

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
"AngryOldWhiteGuy" wrote
in message ...

I used hand-picked 5\4 x 6 PT pine decking to resurface my deck . . . I
found that I should have bought 16' lengths versus trying to save a few

I'm the OP.

I had eliminated the composite stuff because I read a lot of reviews
complaining of mold that would keep coming back, even after repeated
bleaching. I also read about other problems like flaking - for the price,
I'd expect zero maintenance.

Maybe I should reconsider the composite - does anyone know what that
composite is that they use for the beach benches in Florida - seems like if
it'd last there, it'd be OK anywhere.

Suggestions??

I used Trex Transcend - and it washes up very easily and does NOT
support mold or moss. At less than double the cost of cedar I figured
it was a pretty decent deal.