Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Announcement

On Sun, 05 May 2013 19:28:43 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

On 5/5/2013 7:23 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 05 May 2013 10:10:25 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 5/4/2013 10:27 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, May 4, 2013 10:18:32 AM UTC-5, Gramp's shop wrote:
Punched out for the last time yesterday and have now joined the

[snip]

shop, I can start on the new bench. SWMBO has a list that includes
painting the kitchen, living room and MBR and a major redo of the
master bath. I guess I don't have to worry about keeping busy.
Larry

Congrats, Larry. Retirement is fun.

*Just don't let the projects dictate your time and efforts, : ), but
do get that shop done!

Definitely congrats, Larry.

Seems you've already figured out that the part about not keeping busy.
Recall running into a friend about six months after he'd retired.

I asked him how life was treating him and how he was enjoying
retirement. His comment?

"It's great! I don't have a thing that I have to do and already, I'm
six weeks behind!"

That's about what I've heard from everyone I know who's retired.

I "retired" six years ago and spend nine months having fun (well,
other than three months sick) and getting the honeydo list done. Then
I got bored when SWMBO wouldn't let me make sawdust anymore (house on
the market) so I went back to work. ;-) ...and we've bought two
houses and have made three interstate moves since. I still don't have
a shop set up. :-(

Seems like you are doing something wrong.
You went back to work and bought more homes...
are you supposed to downsize and enjoy...

Obviously. The newer houses are 1.5x and now 2x the size of the
original. The property taxes are 1/4 and 1/3, though, and the
weather is *much* better. ;-)

I decided that 54 was to way early to really retire and I've had great
jobs, since. Having the pension, already, allows me to be a lot
pickier about the jobs I take. It buys more toys, too. ;-)