Dave Balderstone

Default Refuge - Thoughts On Being In The Shop This Evening

In article , Phil
wrote:

Something I have comed to learn over my 51 years. If your want to ruin
your pasion for a hobby, try to make a living off of it!

Probably true, but today I had a chat with my daughter who enters high
school last year and has a knack for wooddorking. I propesed that we
could formalize a domain I bought a while back (woodenwabbits.com) and
set up a company. For an income, she could work for the company
building consumer goods like adirondack chairs, and other Paddy
O'Furniture, planters, etc, as well as the small turnings she loves to
do, and if it works she could avoid the "summer job search" that high
schoolers have to do every year, and maybe develop a real business.

Granted she wouldn't make a "living" per se, but as an alternative to a
"do you want fries with that" summer job....

djb