Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default PT pine shrinkage versus smooth sided cedar?

On Sun, 5 May 2013 13:37:45 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On May 5, 4:21*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 5 May 2013 13:07:50 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

Composites appear to last near forever, but cost more

'cause composite trees do not yield a harvest.

However replace your deck now and sell in 8 to *years and the buyer
will expect its replaced again.

I couldn't care less what a buyer expected "in 8 to *years".

So if you plan on selling within 10 years double the costs

Why?

Or be prepared that your home will be classified a low cost fixer upper

Why? Not everybody resides in Pittsburgh.

Yes folks! Be sure you DISCLOSE everything that ever happened or will
happen in the future, as bob often mentions.

90% of all home buyers want a ready to move in home with no repairs
wanted....

home with worn decks, and anything else elminates 90% of the
shoppers....

that leaves 10% possible buyers who will all want a cheap home.

hey if you want to get little for your home go right ahead

The least I ever made on a home was few grand. Never lost a penny on
any house I've owned in 4 states. ( 8 homes)

Some appreciation doubled in 18-24 months. I had buyers lined up in a
bidding war for a few.

Don't think I lost money in real estate, ever. Aside, I never lived in
Pittsburgh, where you might get taken by a buyer?