Hamish Marson

Default Is lino so bad?

May wrote:

Jake wrote in message

Why do many folks dislike lino?

Do you mean real lino or any general vinolay type flooring? The lino I've
seen had a sort of sacking woven in it or on the back of it.. Recently
I've had new cushioned vinolay flooring put down in my kitchen and it's
warm underfoot. I've also added a couple of fairly large mats which makes
it
really cosy. The one thing against that type of flooring, if you're not
careful, is that things can dig into it.

A while back (1 year?) Discovery H&L had a segment from "ThisOld House" with
Norm & whatever the other guy is called, and they went to a factory in
Scotland that produces something like 25% of the worlds lino... It was
cool. I always thought it was made from Oil (i..e out of the ground oil),
but it was made from (IIRC) linseed oil & a few other things...

Anyway. The sacking on the back is used to give the lino strength.

I did hate lino, because I also associated it with Vinyl... However I'm
starting to warm to it, especially the fancy stuff. This factory in
Scotland did some really nice patterns (There's a name for it, but I can't
remmember what it's called... The same as some wood veneer stuff... Damn...

--

I don't suffer from Insanity... | Linux User #16396
I enjoy every minute of it... |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/ |