Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gary[_11_] Gary[_11_] is offline

Default UPVC Doors Won't Lock In Sunshine

On 04/05/2013 17:41, Rob wrote:
On 04/05/2013 15:36, DerbyBorn wrote:
I had a similar issue which I sorted by adjusting the hinges. One of the
rollers that engages in a slotted casting was hitting the bottom of the
slot and preventing the full travel of the mechanism.

I've had this problem for several years. My doors are finshed black on
the outside and
white on the inside. Immediately I became aware of an expansion
problem and realised
I should have gone for aluminium frames. I'm stuck with sticky doors

When I worked for Everest we were asked not to sell UPVC doors on the
south facing houses .Aluminium was to be encouraged. ( Only because of
the sticky door problem)