Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Finish?

"FrozenNorth" wrote:

A couple years ago I redid the interior of our sun-room, pine
bead-board and trim, all finished with several coats of a Cabots
Oil,
looks good, problem is the window ledges are wide enough my wife
puts
potted plants back there on them in the summer. Try as she might
water stains are inevitable. I know Poly is not a good idea in the
direct sunlight, is there something else that may work, short of
re-sanding and finishing every couple years? Toronto Canada,
unheated space, very cold in winter, very hot in summer if it makes
difference.

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Epifanes.

Take a look at Jamestown Distributors web site for data then find
a marine chandlery in Toronto to purchase.

Have fun.

"FrozenNorth" wrote:

Thanks for that, I'll have a look after/maybe I see a few more
ideas.

When it comes to clear marine finishes, you have Epifanes and stuff
that wishes they could be Epifanes when they grow up.

Pricey, probably $35-$40 US for 750 ml, but worth it.

Lew