Posted to rec.woodworking
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Finish?

On 5/3/2013 10:18 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:
A couple years ago I redid the interior of our sun-room, pine bead-board
and trim, all finished with several coats of a Cabots Oil, looks good,
problem is the window ledges are wide enough my wife puts potted plants
back there on them in the summer. Try as she might water stains are
inevitable. I know Poly is not a good idea in the direct sunlight, is
there something else that may work, short of re-sanding and finishing
every couple years? Toronto Canada, unheated space, very cold in
winter, very hot in summer if it makes a difference.

a piece of scrap granite or glass.