Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Most heat resistant counter top?

On May 3, 1:13*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 02 May 2013 16:35:46 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

On Thu, 02 May 2013 16:15:01 -0400, wrote:

(5) Noisy when dropping metal utensils onto it.

You don't think stainless is going to be noisy? *It's not bad at all.

I would never install stainless.

(6) It has seams.

If installed by a knuckle-dragger, perhaps.

Huh? How is an installer going to make a seam disappear.

Don't have one. *Match it. *Put it in a place where it doesn't show.
Someone who has the skills to do the job right will do the job right.
Pass on everyone else.

Obviously I am not going to convince you. But I have worked on an all white
Corian counter. And I have granite now (with chips along the edge). I do
all the kitchen work myself, so I am a user and not one that just looks at
it. I'll take Corain over granite any day.

Oh, the irony! *Corian is fine for a bathroom where it's going to get
pampered. *A kitchen is for work. *Corian just can't handle it.

stainless can be welded and the welded joints ground and polished
out...

but personally i wouldnt want a all stainless countertop