Mark

Default Textured siding and shiplap question

Jack wrote:

Hello all,
When using textured wood siding (t-111), do you seal the overlaps with
adhesive or caulk. I am going to stain the wood. Also, do you do the same
for shiplap siding?? I am using shiplap to make a barn door.

Thank you for your time.

I didn't seal the overlap and haven't noticed any leakage.

But then I have trusses with a foot overhang and fly rafters with over a foot
overhang.

Mark

N.E. Ohio

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice
there is.

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens, A.K.A.
Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the suspense.
(Gaz, r.moto)