Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Crimp without crimp tool ?

bm wrote:
"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
On Thu, 02 May 2013 22:38:51 +0100, Rick Hughes
wrote:

I need to crimp 2 16mm x 8 uninsulated lugs onto some 16mm stranded
cable.
These - http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BHLUG16.html

I don't possess a crimp tool for uninsulated lugs, very rare need (for
me) - simply not worth £21 cost for 2 crimps.
Typical I have insulated lug crimps, RJ45,RJ11,BT631A, RG58/59, CT100,
etc. ... but not this type.
I don't want to solder on as it will reduce flexibility at joint, and
could result in failure in future.

Do you really need flexibility at the joint? Solder worked
satisfactorily for decades!

Yep, in any case, surely he could stress relieve the joint somehow for an
inch or two from the terminal.

Life's too short to peel olives.

Bill