Posted to misc.consumers.house
Gary Heston Gary Heston is offline

Default How do you install toilet flange on concrete?

In article ,
wrote:
On Monday, July 15, 1996 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Joe Kunya wrote:
I'm putting a bathroom in our basement and have been moving right along
up to this point. How do I attach the toilet flange?

Do I have to glue the flange to the drain pipe?

Yes, otherwise you'll have a leak.

If so, do I still need
to secure it to the concrete floor? If so, can glue be used or should/
need I use cement screws? I'm trying to avoid drilling into this (very
hard) poured concrete.

I would at the very least use construction adhesive to glue the flange to
the floor, but screws would be better. Borrow a hammer drill and drill
pilot holes for the screws, they'll be much easier to drive.

Gary