Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Free!! V-belts

On Thu, 02 May 2013 13:19:27 -0500, Ignoramus6158

On 2013-05-02, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 02 May 2013 06:00:10 -0500, Ignoramus6158

On 2013-05-02, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 01 May 2013 22:49:25 -0500, Ignoramus9170

On 2013-05-02, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 01 May 2013 20:04:36 -0500, Ignoramus9170
wrote:

I second what ATP said, it can be a blessing in disguise. Sell the
container and its contents to scrappers, you will probably get
$140/ton. Same applies to the dead forklift.

The container..with the belts in it...will get me at most ...$10 for
the container. Those belts are standard V belts..neopreme....you
know..that black rubber stuff? Like tires...there is no cost benefit
for recycling them.

The dead forklift is easily repairable..if one has money. And without
a forklift..Id be even more screwed than I am now.

If it does not work, you do not have a working forklift. Sell it for
scrap and buy a working one later.

It needs $200 in parts. A working one later will cost me a couple
thousand.

Gunner, come on, with your scrounging ABILITIES YOU CAN FIND ONE FOR A
LOT LESS.

A lot less than $200? Good luck

If you scrap your forklift for 500, and add 200, you can buy a working
forklift for that much.

In Chicago perhaps. And how much to have it shipped?

I would easily pay $200 for a not too rusted container.

48"x48"x5' tall? Really? How would you like it shipped. Do as you
wish with the belts.

How do you want it trucked?

I meant locally. I could just pick one up.

So...are you saying then that its that way all over this nation? Even
way out here in the high desert? Fascinating!

Lets see..Kern Co is .the 3rd largest county in California (the third
biggest state) ..and our population is 800,000 total.

Is that like where you are at?

Sure you dont want to pay the shipping? Its only 2066.7 or so miles.

Try to advertise this and call a few scrap yards, you should have it
sold no problem.

Have what sold? A $2500 forklift...a rough surface 3000 lb lift with
a short mast...for $200?

Your not paying attention are you Iggy?

Gunner

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it
very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having
left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as
best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame
us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an
honest mistake."
Malcolm Wallop
former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)