Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Blending a new partition wall

I have two inside walls meeting in an outside corner. Both have drywall
with heavy orange peel. I want to extend one of them a bit with a partition
wall. I want the side of the partition wall to blend seamlessly with the
wall it is extending. I can think of two ways...

1. Remove the corner metal where the partition wall will join and clean off
extraneous drywall compound. When new wall is built and has drywall, tape
the joint.

2. Remove the corner metal where the partition wall will join and cut out
part of the existing wall back to a stud. Use one piece of drywall to cover
cut out section and new partition, tape joint. Two joints, actually, as
there would be a horizontal one where the top of the cut out piece was.

Either way, I'd also have to texture and paint, obviously.

Which way would you suggest and have you a better way? Leave the corner
metal alone?

--

dadiOH