Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default OT seeing eye dog for old techs

Adapter/conversion boards have been available for years.. I've also seen
equipment with dip package enclosures to mount a few small components in,
then place the cover on it.
I've worked with ICs since the '70s. They aren't that complicated.. even
reflowing large flat packs, and amizingly they even worked properly
afterward.
All the pins are right where they're supposed to be, deal with it.

So you imply that no one has your experience or expertise.. and everyone's
too dumb to understand the importance.

I can't make it any clearer.. it was't the topic, it was the whining about
not receiving the level of appreciation you were apparently assuming you'd
receive.

Metalworking, recreation.. if I'd seen any indication that you could
comprehend what's written, I'd suggest you look up those words.

It's similar to you going to a cooking class and discussing your bloody
farts problem.

--
WB

. 3.70...
"Wild_Bill" fired this volley in
:

I think this was only the 3rd instance of
someone complaining about, essentially, not receiving an award for

their
menial contribution.

But hardly the first or even fiftieth instance of you and your ilk loudly
denying the worth of someone's recommendation, just because you don't
personally have a need for it. (or worse, do, but don't understand the
issues)

Like the dolt who suggested soldering SMTs with a heat gun without
knowing WHAT SMTs I was working with... That's like saying "I can
perform surgery with an English Broadsword", before finding out it's a
mouse on which eye surgery must be done.

Bill, if you have zero electronics skills, then light switches might be a
challenge. Certainly you do not need pre-populated SMT breakout boards.

But that hardly makes the concept worthless.

LLoyd